CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Issaquah Salmon Days 5K!


Today my Dad and I ran the Issaquah Rotery Run 5K (3.1 miles) at Salmon days. It was my Dad's first 5K race and it was my 3rd 5K race! Surprisingly, I finished only 20 seconds behind my Dad. He ran it in 28:38 and I ran it in 28:58. My dad was dissapointed because in his performace because he thought he was in a lot better shape since he plays soccer twice a week. However, he found out that you have to learn to pace yourself for running that long of a distance. He did fine running the first 2 miles, but then had a cramp in his shoulder blade and then it radiated down to his back and hamstring. On the other hand, this was my best race so far. Unfortunately, my right hip flexor has been giving me problems every time I finish a run, so I hope I can continute to run longer distances. I am going to try and slow my pace down a bit, but run 4 or 5 miles at a time. My next goal is to run a 10K (6.2 miles) by winter or spring! The pictures were taken right when he got home from the race.

0 comments:

Post a Comment