CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

First game for Sparks

I am the assistant soccer coach for a U-12 girls rec team called the Sparks. This past Saturday was their first game and we played out in North Bend which is actually my home town! It felt so good to be back in my comfort zone. A lot of memories were coming back to me as we were arriving to Si View Park. For one, I used to play soccer as a little girl on those same fields, and second, I was baptized in the public pool inside the "barn" looking building (as you'll see in the pictures.) Third, my parents managed and we lived in the Si View Apartments next to the fields. Life is so crazy!  :-) I never would have thought that I would be back on the same field coaching, and have my son there all at the same time. Overall, Saturday's game went well and we have a lot of great athletes. We won 7-0 and during the second half we played with one less player, which didn't even make a dent. Anyways, I look forward to practices, games and getting to know these girls better. It's going to be a great season. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

0 comments:

Post a Comment